Monday, March 28, 2011

A picture of your favourite memory.


3. MY FAVOURITE MEMORY

My favourite memory? Well thats not hard. Grandma and Grandpa's house.
I went to visit my grandma this weekend, while I was there we watched old home videos and looked through pictures. Here is one of my brother and I in front of my grandparents house in 1997. I stole it because it was so cute.
I love my memories of visiting my grandparents. Grandpa was the best snuggler. He taught me how to make clock sounds with my mouth, got angry at me when I ate ketchup with my chicken, and played songs with me on the piano. I will always remember him as the 'Mad Conductor". He would mess up his hair, and wave his baton around conducting the family in silly songs like "There was an old lady of Rye," and "To stop the train." He had a wonderful voice I loved to hear him sing. Sometimes when I sleep over at my Grandmothers house I can still imagine hearing my grandpa snore, and my mom telling me "If you wake up and you think you hear a bear, don't be scared, its just grandpa." I love my Grandpa, and I look forward to seeing him again.
My Grandma is a wonderful woman. She always has plenty of JellyBellies, and a drawer full of treats. She has a super awesome TV that is impossible to work-- too many buttons. She loves her family and loves talking about her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She loves to serve and stay busy with her friends. I love my Grandma, and I can't wait to visit her again!
So anyways. That's my favorite memory. Grandma and Grandpa's house. My home away from home.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Yes! Another blog post! I like this.

Barbara M said...

what wonderful memories. Now that I am a grandma I have my own stash of jellybeans and candy.

Don't forget "Two ducks on a pond, widdle waddle..."

Emma said...

when i first started reading this post i was wondering "hmm i wonder which grandma she's talking about"? then as i read on, especially when i got to the part about grandpa singing and grandma's jelly bellies i tottaly knew who you were talking about.

plus "Two ducks on a pond"... is the only song i actually remeber singing lol