This is what!

A couple months ago, I went to Fabric-land with my Aunt and got this super cute fabric and pattern. I am a very inexperienced sewer so it took me a while to figure out the sizing, instructions, and everything else. The anticipation of a new (hopefully functional and cute) dress kept me working on it, Slowly but Surely.
Well, lets just say, after TONS of stitch ripping, and questions for mom, I had an almost completed garment. It stayed that way for a couple months. All I had left to do was alter a slip so that it worked with the dress, and hem (slip stitch) the bottom. Well I kept putting off the simple task, till next weekend, then till my next day off, and so forth.
Last night I finally decided it was time to finish it, at about 10:30 pm I finally had a dress. What do you think?
I just LOVE pleats, thats why I fell in love with this pattern. There are pleats on the bodice, and I also supplemented a gathered skirt with a pleated skirt. It is definitely far from perfect, but overall. I like it.
I felt vain having Mom take all these pictures of me, I always feel weird posing, but I wanted to share my success (even if it was delayed) with you!


2 comments:
looks amazing. GREAT JOB!!!!
looks awesome Diana! good for you! and now you have a new dress to take to school :)
Post a Comment