Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Thanksgiving

Well the long awaited Thanksgiving weekend came and went in a blink of an eye. The anticipation of going to "Mama's house" (Grandma's house) was almost too much excitement for E last friday. After Dad got home from work, we loaded up the car and headed out of the city to my parents house. It was so nice to be out of the city and enjoy the wide open outdoors. On Saturday we prepared for dinner the next day, and played. I made a pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin tarts- which I have to say turned out pretty darn well. E had a blast playing with her Aunties, and even made some crafts. The picture below is of E's Turkey. I love that she had to glue all sorts of beads and string onto the leaves. Not quite the idea of the craft, but it adds character.
We took the quad down the beautiful iron-horse trail. (A trail by my parents house that used to be the old railway). Jordan and I got all sorts of "dates" this weekend. Lately Jordan likes to consider every spare moment without children a date. So in addition to our quad excursion, eating crackers in the kitchen and playing pingpong for 10 minutes were included as 'dates'. I guess thats how having 2 kids impacts the amount of time we have together. 



Sunday we went to church in my family's small branch. After we got home we snapped some pictures in the yard. I love how awkward T looks in the picture with E. This one is the most normal out off all the pictures I snapped.  


I also love this picture of E and my Mom. She sure loves "mama". 

We had a delicious turkey dinner that left us all a little more round. In the evening more family came over to eat dessert. The ladies visited, the kids played, and the men had a pingpong tournament.


 Here is a 4 generation photo. T, myself, my Dad, and his Dad. :)

I love thanksgiving weekend, and the opportunity I have to think of what I am thankful for. The list is fairly long, but at the top is my family. Im grateful for the family I was born into, the family I married into, and the family I have been given. I am also immensely grateful that I am sealed to all of them forever. 
Happy Thanksgiving! 
-Diana 

No comments: