Monday, October 27, 2014

First Snow

This morning we woke up to a world covered in snow. The first snow of the season was slowly coming down, and there was a definite chill in the air. It was too cold to go play right away, so we whipped up some apple cinnamon muffins. E kept asking to "lick it?" the whole time we were mixing up the batter and adding ingredients. She was super excited to finally lick the batter off of the beaters while I filled the muffin trays.

 When it was a bit warmer outside, E excitedly found all of her new snow gear out of the closet and got dressed to play. She headed out the door and stomped through the thin layer of snow. It wasn't long until she discovered she could eat it. She occasionally got some leaves in her mouth from under the snow, and wasn't too thrilled about that.



While E played outside, T enjoyed his play mat in the nice warm living room. And I went back and forth between the two of them. 

 The snow has almost all melted now, but I know that there will be lots more to come. I think E is much more excited than I am.
-Diana




No comments: