Last time I went home, I asked if I could have this toy box. This is a very old toy box, built by my Grandmother at a Relief Society activity when my Mom was a child. When I was little, my Mom took it and changed it from its gold/green color, to this cute white bench with a pink horse on it. I have very fond memories of this toy box. It held tons of toys and dollies. It was fun to sit on and pretent to be at church.
As you can see from the before pictures, its was a little banged up. Well used by myself and all my siblings. As cute as it was, it was time for a paint job.
I put on a new coat of white paint (I was sad to paint over the horse) and it already looked like new! I decided to paint a cute little bird design on the front of it. At least I think its cute...I don't know if it really looks all that good, but I did my best (and baby girl wont care). I decided to stick with the yellow and grey colors already in her room, as well as the little splash of blue in the tail of the bird. (I don't know if you've noticed, but I have a slight obsession to birds... and blue) Oh, and the cute pillow I bought from a friend. I used the colors and shapes in the pillow as part of my inspiration.
So there you go. Now baby girl has a place for her toys. Its all fresh and ready for new dents and scratches from lots of pretending and playing.
-Diana



5 comments:
You have done a beautiful job!! I love the painting you did onit. This will continue to a treasure through this third generation... Who knows. Maybe Evra s kids will play with it too
*To be a treasure
The toy box looks special. Love the design. And your new chair.
Uncle Rod made two toy boxes based on this one that Gma made. Starla has one that she fixed up for Audrey and we still use the other one as a toy box for the grand kids. You did a great job refurbishing your toy box. It is great to have things handed down. They are full of love and memories.
Looks professional! I love it!
Post a Comment