Friday, August 16, 2013

Month No. 7

Dear Baby Girl,
Holy Smokes. My Baby is 7 months old today. I can't believe that 7 months have already flown by since the moment I first held you and had no idea what to do. I still don't know how to take care of you all the time, as it's a constant learning process.
 I love this stage that you are at. You aren't mobile (except for rolling), and love to just sit on the carpet and play with your toys. This makes it quite easy to leave the room for a moment or two. Daddy sometimes tries to teach you how to crawl, but I like things the way they are. You like to make funny faces (including; scrunching up your face, and sucking in your upper lip), and this causes even more people to talk to us while we are out and about. Strangers still always compliment your "big dark eyes!", and they say dark because they can't tell what color they are. And neither can I. Sometimes gray, sometimes brown, and even a little hazel. It's still a mystery.
 I am proud to say that I finally worked up the nerve to sleep train you. Either that or I was at the end of my rope. Things have gotten much better, and you fall asleep on your own about 90% of the time. Although, I still don't sleep super well at night. You still don't take a bottle, but you do occasionally like to play with it, and suck back a little bit of water here and there- Thats progress!
You play shy with strangers, but as soon as you get to know someone, you love them! Daddy is one of your favorite people, and you love it when he comes home from work. Today we took some photos of you in your little lace romper to celebrate 7 months. Some of your teddies joined in the fun as well. I love you to peices baby girl! 
-Love Mommy 




1 comment:

Barbara M said...

such a cutie. She looks so much like you Diana. Wish we were closer so I could give her some hugs. Wrap her in her purple blankie and tell her it is a hug from Auntie Barb.