So a couple weekends ago, I found this chair at a garage sale we just happened to be driving by. My husband quickly pulled over the car while I went to go check it out. The owner, who was very enthused at my interest in the chair, told me that her husband would probably give me a hug if I just took it. She went on to tell me that the stain on the seat was a "water" stain, and that its been quite sturdy, other than the wobbly arm and leg. I sat down in it; super uncomfortable. The back was hard, and the springs pushed up on my butt. I looked at the $5 sticker, and offered her what change I had in my husband wallet. (somewhere between $1.50 and $2.00). Sold. 
Now usually I would be apprehensive, but my sister in-law is quite handy with this sort of thing. I've also been quite inspired by my friends blog at dear sofa. So with some guidance from my sister in-law, I excitedly dug in (with help from my handy husband) and here are the results!
I ended up finding this great fabric for $7.00 a meter. Total costs of materials used is roughly $41.00. Oh and add the cost of the chair, and I paid a whopping $43... ish. Not bad if I do say so myself. And now I have a cute, comfortable, sturdy chair. Wahoo!
-Diana

No comments:
Post a Comment