The answer to that question; "A daughter of God", has been taught to me, and instilled in me as truth since I was a child. And yet, I still struggle with understanding the huge magnitude of what that really means. I am trying to learn, appreciate, and apply more. I have read a few blog posts and articles lately (Like This one) and even searched out This blog post of my own that I wrote 3 years ago.
This past year my body has morphed and changed more than I even thought was possible. Causing thoughts of wonderment at how my body is able to grow and support life, and also discouragement of not being able to "bounce back"; like all of the magazine tabloids at the supermarket advertise as mandatory and easy. I have had many conversations with new Moms about getting back into our old jeans, the number on the scale not being quite the same, or complaints about how our bodies are stretched and .. "different". I put myself down mentally every-time I happen to glance at my body in the mirror. I shudder at the stretch marks. I apologize to my husband. I call myself fat. I change outfits 3 times, just because my outfit doesn't look as good as it used to.
Well here is what I say to you, Diana. Cut the crap!
God has blessed you with this body. It was not meant to be scrutinized put in bikini's and plasted on magazines for the whole world to view and think is "perfect". No. Thats what satan wants. He sends his angles to whisper in our ears, to tell us we aren't good enough. To twist change the eternal aspect of what our bodies are to something evil and gross. Every time you have a negative thought, think "At least I have a body".
Our bodies are a gift. Something we worked so hard to attain; a chance to come to this earth, to gain a body to house our spirits, and prove ourselves. To become like our Heavenly Father. Don't belittle it, or put it down.
Our bodies may be healthy or sick, strong or weak, fat or skinny, tall or small. They may limit us, or help us attain great things. But it is your body. Something you didn't have before. It will one day be perfected and be free from sick and pain.
Be proud of your body. Work hard to keep it healthy, but don't work hard at putting it down.
You are Beautiful. You are a Daughter of God.

4 comments:
AMEN!!!!! I love you as you are. You have always been so beautiful. That doesn't change with the changing body. Don't apologize for anything. You have walked with God in bringing a child to this earth. Stretch marks are a badge of honor.
Your body cradled a precious little life for 9 months and I'm sure it will cradle more, and that is what makes it beautiful! You're not alone feeling like that, I've been there and am still there sometimes, especially being pregnant again right after feeling like I was where I wanted to be post-Isaac. But you're right, that's what Satan wants us to feel. He doesn't get to have a body, so he makes us think ours aren't good enough, just like a petty schoolboy bully. Well, jokes on him!
Aw Diana. I was just thinking from your pictures how awesome you are looking. You inspire me in all sorts of ways. And you do have fantastic ankles!
Great post! Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment