Monday, January 10, 2011

Reflecting who you are

To Some people, God gave freckles. God gave freckles as a... trial?
One that may seem minor (and well it is), but to those with freckles, its not always that way. See these 4 freckles on my chin? I acquired those at about the age of 12. They didn't all pop up at once, well they might have, I don't remember. But I do remember hating them. I didn't mind small freckles [ I still don't], I didn't really enjoy the big ones on my arms, but on my Face? You have got to be kidding me. When ever someone commented on them, I would say "Its my freckle smile. Im smiling even when Im not!" That helped me feel better. Kinda. Throughout the years I have progressively 'grown' even more over sized freckles on my face...
I have always wanted the 'perfect' complexion. And that magazine look can't really be accomplished when you have huge brown dots on your face. But... Really, when I think about it. I love them. What would Diana be without her freckles? Someone asked me one time if I would consider getting them removed (they had knowledge of some lazer therapy or something) and all of a sudden I felt worried about loosing them. I felt an incredible guilt for being so resentful toward what God gave me. Freckles.
One of my favorite songs in grade 11 was "Freckles", by Natasha Bedingfield "cuz a face without freckles is like the sky without the stars, why waste a second not loving who you are? Those little imperfections make you beautiful, loveable, valuable, they show your personality- inside your heart, reflecting who you are."
God gives us things. Sometimes those things are freckles. Small, unimportant things. But when you look into it- he gives us so much. We should be thankful for even the little ones.
So these are my freckles. They are Reflecting who I am.

-Diana

1 comment:

Sheila said...

And they reflect your heritage.. You come by them through good people. I loved my dad's freckles, and what would it be like to see uncle Bruce with no freckles. I myself have a few (hundred) Nope.. you are right. they are part of us. I love your freckles.. but most of all I love you!!!!!