Sunday, January 2, 2011

Count Your Blessings



Count your many blessings; Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings; See what God hath done.

When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings; ev'ry doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by.
So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do no be discouraged; God is over all.
Count your many blessings; angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journeys end.

Count your many blessings; Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings; See what God hath done.

I have been wanting to write this post for a few days now, but have had difficulty being able to put my thoughts and feelings into words. I have also neglected to write in my journal for days. Last week my mom got a phone call from an aunt who had sad news of the passing of my dear Aunt Christy. Our home was filled with sadness for the remaining day as we thought about our lost family member, friend, and loved one. It is always hard to have to say goodbye to someone as they leave us behind, for a time. As soon as I heard the news I was filled with a sadness, but also a peace in the knowledge that she is in a wonderful place. Because of the plan of salvation and our Saviour, I will be able to see her, and be with her again. Her family, who she had to leave behind, will be able to be part of an eternal family. She is not lost. We are not lost. In Relief So
ciety today we sang this song, and tears came to my eyes as I thought of all the blessings that I have. Amid our trials and strifes, it seems that our blessing are even more apparent. I am grateful for the example that Aunt Christy is to me, and for the love that she showed. She was always the light in the room, and I know that she has a strong testimony of the Saviour. She lived what she believed. I will always remember her. I want to strive to be more like her, and become the type of mother, wife, aunt, sister, daughter, and friend that she is.


1 comment:

Sheila said...

I want to be just like her when I grow up too. She is a wonderful example. The world would be a better place if we all lived as righteously and happily as she did. Thanks for a great tribute to a special lady. I'm so glad that I am sealed to her as family. Can't wait to all be together again in heaven.