I did get accepted to a University, but I didn't want to go there, and I figured I would just be wasting my money because I didn't know what i wanted to major in. So i did the next best thing and followed the example of my Mother and took a short Electrolysis course in Calgary. The School and teachers were horrid, and the owner reduced me to tears on one occasion (and if you know me, you know i don't cry in front of people). The experience of living with my cousins in Calgary was wonderful and i made new friends.
BUT... Since the course (which finished in October) I have been living at home. And not doing much other than working and saving for University next fall. I work in Home Care taking care of a child with Tracheostomy. I LOVE my job.
I have also decided to become an RN, and have been accepted into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs at the UofA, UofC, and Grant Macewan for next fall. Now the big decision is which school, and which city. (Any helpful advice, or thoughts about the schools is appreciated). So thats my life, Boring and Trivial. I have decided (somewhat) what i want to do with my future, and hopefully I will love it.

This photo kinda describes how i feel. The Path is stunning, and looks great, but i don't really know what's around the bend. It could be just as nice as this path here, but it could also turn straight into a bear, or a slew, or really anything. Haha. Well, i guess i will just have to brave it and try it out.
2 comments:
nothing about you is trivial. You impact us all for good on a continual basis. I also believe the mom you work for at night knows that you are wonderful and you are doing something so loving and helpful. I know they could hire anyone but they have you- loving tender and hardworking. You have made their home better for being there.
Curves in the road come and go. Learning to take them with greater confidence and agility will come with time and experience. And the best part is that mom and dad are always close by to help you if the curve is rough and scary. Love you for always and forever!!!!!!
Be brave Diana, and forge ahead with confidence... you will do great things, because you ARE great!
I'm sure you know where I stand on the universities - i LOVED UofA!!!!! I have nothing bad to say about it, except that once in a while it was a little chilly in the winter (but you know all about that). The church was very strong, and we made THE BEST friends there!!! We are still very very close to many of our friends, in particular Bruce's roommates and their wives, and now families - we even vacation together every summer and our kids have become best friends.
Going to U of A is the best thing that could have happened to me, and for our (future) family. Whatever you choose, get involved and participate in everything that the church has to offer so you are well balanced (along with the university stuff).
I am a firm believer in going away for university. The knowledge you gain, at school, church, and practical stuff too, is invaluable and will make you a better wife and mother.
Best wishes for whatever you choose, i know you'll do great <3
Post a Comment