Saturday, March 13, 2010

Purple Buns

Last weekend i went to Edmonton for the day, and in the afternoon a couple friends and I went to West Ed. We ended up going to the Asian Grocery store (i can't remember the name of it) And started to look around. There were some pretty interesting things there. Because we are so daring, we purchased some of the items. We played it safe with pot stickers, but we also bought a package of Purple Buns. (thinking that they were just regular buns, just a different color) Up above is a picture of us 'steaming' the buns.


Just so you know, they were not tasty, at all! They are a sort of spongy wet texture, filled with a slimy yeasty filling. YUM. I only managed to have one taste, but my friends ate all of theirs. Either they were starving, or i am the only one who cant stand them. Needless to say, if you ever have the urge to buy purple buns, just set them down slowly and walk away, it will save you a lot of gaging.





6 comments:

Sheila said...

I'm so amazed at how brave you guys were to try all those interesting things you bought. Maybe you will serve an oriental mission....

Eva said...

Glad to see you have a blog. I shall watch for new stories.

Humphreys Family said...

ick, i'm not very brave when it comes to eating strange foods.
welcome to blogging, hopefully you'll leave a more consistant history than i do

Barb said...

I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.
I will remember to stay away from Purple Buns.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

So next you should try purple potatoes and purple beans. Cute blog.

Emma said...

At the polenysian cultral center in hawaii they served purple buns, but these ones were really good!