Monday, August 3, 2015

2 1/2

E is 2, and a half. 

My little girl is growing up so quickly and becoming quite the little lady. 
She is so full of spunk and personality, and can be quite strong willed. At the same time she is so gentle and loving. She is great at making new friends. 
Every night at bed time she asks us to sing 'Twinkle, twinkle" and 'Hey God' (I am a child of God).
She can count to 15 and knows the ABC song. 
She talks a mile a minute. 
Her favorite color right now is blue. 
She still loves baby dolls, and 'Brown one' is currently her favorite- it comes along with us everywhere, with a blanket of course. Today in the car she kept asking me if I wanted to hold her. I finally said yes and she said, "Hold her with two hands, very gentitaly." 
She loves to play with her little brother, and is great at making him happy. Quite often she needs to be reminded to play nice, as he is still just a baby. Once and a while when she leaves the room on an 'errand', she says to me "I be right back, k? Be nice to T, ok?" (Wonder where she has heard that..) 
Her favorite meal is a peanut butter and honey sandwich. She also loves all kinds of fruit.
 She has to be bribed for me to be able to brush her hair every morning. 
She changes outfits multiple times a day- especially if she gets wet in the backyard.
 She loves to dress up like a princess and dance to music. Her 'gillerella' (Cinderella) dress is her favorite. 
Potty training is almost complete and she is doing very well with it. 
She loves going to the park, doing crafts, playing in the backyard, going on bike rides, and watching shows. 
Nursery is the highlight of her week, and she is always so excited to go on Sunday. She loves to pray at every meal and family prayer time, she always insists on saying one first. 

Her current joke goes like this:
Knock, knock
who's there?
E! (her name)
E who?
E !!(her name again) ~Laughs Hysterically~

She doesn't think normal knock knock jokes are funny. 

I am so lucky to have this wonderful girl in my life. She sure is teaching me a lot. I have learned some pretty good bargaining and 'tricking' skills, as well as coping mechanisms. I still have a long way to go, but I'm sure she will keep providing opportunities for growth. Love you baby girl!



-Diana 

No comments: