Thursday, May 21, 2015

Favorites

Yesterday as I made E's bed, I pulled out all of the dolls and stuffed animals that she always has stuffed in the corner and under the covers. The idea came to me to document her favorites and their unique names.



Lovey: A build-a-bear that was given to her by her cousins on her second birthday. She has two outfits, but is usually in her pink "dancing" dress. 
New one: Her Gramma gave her this doll when her baby brother arrived. So that both her and mommy had new babies. So this was her new baby. Therefore: New one. 
Peanut Butter: Another build-a-bear, this time from Make-a-Wish foundation during an emergency room visit. She was so happy to receive this bear after being so bored in the hospital. I suggested calling her honey, because her other bear is named lovey. She replied, "No! Peanut Butter!"
Kitty: A while back her Grampa had her convinced that this unicorn was a kitten. The name Kitty stuck.
That one: For the longest time this baby didn't have a name. So when I would ask her which doll she wanted to play with I would say "Do you want that one?". Yup. That one. She has had this doll since her first Christmas.
Yellow: This elephant is dear to my heart. I used to care for a little girl before E was born. Just before I finished working before my maternity leave, this little girl passed away. She was one of the sweetest spirits I know. Her Mom gave me this elephant that belonged to her. E calls her yellow- because she is yellow :)
Sally: This was a gift from my visiting teacher that E received for her birthday. She loves my visiting teacher. E just picked the name Sally from a long list of suggestions. 

E likes to sleep with all of these, but her baby dolls definitely trump during the day. She almost always has New one or That one with us no matter where we go. And whenever people ask what her doll's name is, they end up quite confused.
-Diana

1 comment:

JeanneJ said...

Cute post! It is interesting how loved ones, real or not, get their names.