Recently E has loved opening zippers. She is constantly opening the diaper bag and pulling everything out, and loves to get into Dad's backpack. I was thinking about getting her a backpack of her own to zip and unzip to her hearts content. While searching online, I came across this tutorial on how to make a toddler backpack. I had some fabric I bought last summer for some project that I never began, and an itch to start doing more than laying around crocheting and watching Netflix while my stomach bloats and I feel nauseous (yay pregnancy). The instructions are very easy to follow, and I only had to stitch rip a few times (oh how I hate to undo seams). I also didn't put any strap adjusters on it, that just seemed pointless for a little toddler backpack. 
She loves to zip and unzip it, so I guess its a success! My poor daughter is a little claustrophobic, so it took a while to convince her to put it on. She would run away every time we tried to put it over her arm, haha. It was her Grandma who finally got it on her back, and then she proudly wore it as she toddled around. Its huge compared to her, but she will grow into it. :)
-Diana



1 comment:
Holy, you rock! I love it and am so impressed you were productive enough to do it while pregnant. I just wanted to sleep the whole nine months. :)
Post a Comment