Lately I have been pondering about what makes me, me.
Being a Mother makes it very difficult to focus on myself. I can hardly pee or shower without an audience (whom likes to tear apart the bathroom while I'm occupied).
In a few months, fellow past classmates will be graduating from the program I was in 2 years ago. This has caused me to stop and think, and yes maybe compare myself to those friends who seem to have accomplished so much more than me. When you get down to it, I would way rather be a mom right now than a career woman. But sometimes playing blocks, making snacks, and moping the floor over and over seems a bit dismal compared to saving the world one patient at a time, and walking across a stage and receiving recognition for all my hard work.
Another thing I struggle with is comparing myself to other moms. The crafty, the fit, the organic, the stylish, the social; they all seem to have it going so easily. I know this isn't true, but its so hard not to compare.
So here is my goal. To be proud of myself, as much as I am proud of everyone else. To see other's talents and abilities as wonderful and do my best to glean from them. And to also see my own talents and abilities, and try to use them to bless those around me, and not worry about what I can't do.
I hope you can do the same, because you truly are wonderful!
-Diana
2 comments:
That is definitely what all of us do. Compare ourselves to others. But, if you were to be aware of what others thought of you it would boost your self esteem. Because they are also comparing themselves to you and feeling like they are lacking. It is normal. I'm so proud of you. This is the greatest thing you can do in this world. You are changing the world one child at a time. It is going to be the hardest and funnest road to travel. And one day you will be the proud mom/ grandma and not even be able to express in any words the love and pleasure it has been to be your mom. This kind of love only comes from doing all the mundane and challenging things in raising a child and from being there through it all. It proves how much Heavenly Father loves us to give us the opportunity to feel this bond of motherhood and grow from it all. Don't compare. Grow. Develop and embrace it. -- That was a muddled mess of thoughts... it was meant well and sent with love. MOM
Well I wish I was more crafty like you:)
p.s. being a mom automatically makes you a nurse
Post a Comment