My dad always says that we are 'given' freedom of speech, but only when that freedom of speech doesn't offend someone else.
God Created man and woman. He created them for each other. Adam and Eve were commanded to multiply and replenish the earth. The role of the man and woman is sacred.
"The Family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ."
- The Family: A proclamation to the worldMarriage is sacred. Gay marriage infringes on my deep beliefs of this.
I know I may be part of a minority, but so are they. And from what I hear, minorities deserve respect.
Go on living your life how you please, but please don't label gay relations as 'marriage'. Marriage is between a man and a wife. Call it something else. Glorify it however you want, but don't ruin the divine nature of the family. We are equals, we deserve equal respect. We are sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father.
This is my plea.
-Diana
p.s. I know you may feel that I am discriminating and am a horrible person because I am 'not allowing you to live freely', but this is not my intent. And just think, many things promoting gay marriage are doing the same thing to me.
2 comments:
Great post Diana! Totally agree :)
Great post- your testimony is a strong statement of truth and love. Thank you for posting!!
katie
Post a Comment