Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas time is near, and I have been having the most wonderful time! I love being married. I love spending time with my best friend. I love having a family of 2. Since finals have been over, I have been living a stress free Christmas filled, do what ever I want weekend. I. Love. It. I can lay on my bed and do nothing and not even feel bad about it.
I baked cookies, and more cookies, and then some more. It was so fun baking and decorating cookies. It was a little lonely being in my kitchen with only Christmas music for company while the Hubby studied and wrote exams, but I still enjoyed it.
Saturday Night, Jordan took a little break from studying and joined me in the festivities. We decorated gingerbread men, and went and checked out Candy cane lane that everyone had been talking about. It did not disappoint! The whole time I felt like I was in a movie. Almost every single house for blocks was decorated, some were way over the top. I love Christmas lights. There were sleigh rides going on, and everyone was saying "Merry Christmas!". It was magical.
Sunday Morning I finished writing a talk (that I had procrastinated) and got that whole thing over with. And the rest of the meetings consisted of me playing Christmas songs in primary for almost 2 hours. It was great!

This morning the Hubby and I decided we were going to re-live our first date that happened right around this time last year. I had asked him out, (which is slightly embarrassing for both of us) on a date the morning I was leaving for Christmas Holidays. We had gone to Barb and Ernie's (A German breakfast restaurant) and ate a wonderful breakfast, (all the while flirting and getting to know each other better). We finished off the date by building a snowman (which was very difficult to do in the fluffy winter snow) and sat on my couch in the "cozy nook" for hours, until my Dad came to pick me up to drive me home for the Holidays. Well, lets just say our plan for today didn't go as planned. We pulled up to Barb and Ernie's... and it was closed.... Rats.. So we went to I-hop instead. Definitely a downer. But we enjoyed our omelets and pancakes anyways. We have hardly ANY snow, so there is no point in even trying to build a snowman, AND I dropped Jordan of at the University to study for his final tomorrow. So basically, nothing was like our first date. But that's ok, because we got to enjoy a different kind of date.



I am so grateful for my Wonderful Husband. I never pictured that this is what my life would be like at this age; but I am so grateful that it is exactly how it is. I am excited to have our first Christmas together. It will be so fun being at my families place.
Merry Christmas!
-Diana

No comments: