What happened in my Year of Firsts:
....
First time Paying rent and living with roommates (Man, Life is expensive!)Turned 19
Started going to a Young Single Adult ward in the fall
Didn't see my family for months at a time
Received Flowers... from Boys! haha
Made a Roast. All by myself.
Used Edmontons Transit System
Went toilet papering. :)
Attended Institute classes
Learned to navigate Edmonton (Well.. some of it)
Started and Finished my first year of University
Learned to drive standard
Played the piano for my ward choir (and I didn't even screw up too badly.. usually)
Started Dating someone (Jordan)
Got enganged (to... none other than... Jordan)
Went wedding dress shopping
Drove downtown Edmonton
started wearing NON flare jeans
Became obsessed with hair flowers... As seen in THIS post.
Found my first GREY hair
Walked across the High level bridge
That's just a glimpse into my 'firsts'. What an amazing year. I have made so many great friends, had so many amazing experiences. Also many not so amazing experiences along with them. But all have been great and have helped me grow a lot. I am still but a wee baby, and have a LOT of growing up to do. Hopefully my Fiance doesn't mind the fact that he is indeed marrying a teenager.
Along with having many 'firsts', I am also starting to have a lot of 'lasts'. Which is sad and exciting. For example. Last Christmas was the last one of its kind. Soon I wont be attending YSA ward or activities, or have the same social life. Things wont be the same, but they will be better and awesome.
"Come what may and love it."
-Diana


No comments:
Post a Comment