Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Engaged!!

Hey all,
Have you heard the news?? Yeah... Im ENGAGED.
You probably all want to hear the story about how it happened. And if not, well. You can stop reading. It feels as if I have repeated this story hundreds of times, but it never gets old.

I came home from church to a letter stuck in my door. My first thought that it was from some of our friends who have been recently pranking everyone. So I said "Oh look Shauna, someone left us something." (Shauna is my roommate). But then I noticed my name on it in Jordan's hand writing, and
knew it was for My Eyes Only. So I opened it, and it sent me to the "Cozy Nook." (Where the futon is under the stairs). Another letter was sitting on the futon. This one was a love letter. At the end of the Second letter it said "go to Augustus" (Which is the snowman we built in the backyard on our first date). Out in the backyard was another letter. This one said "Meet me on the bridge. Dress nice." And thats when I started freaking out. 'The bridge' is a bridge down in the ravine that we often go on walks in. It is down in the trees and is over a small part of the river. It is usually quite busy with bikers and people walking their dogs. I love just standing there and listening to the water. Anyways. I threw on my flip flops and started walking down to the ravine. I was already dressed nice since I just got home from church, so I was prepared... kinda haha. It was the longest walk. Ever. Not that it took me more than 5 minutes. I was just excited, and nervous, and freaking out. But thats normal for me. The trees had all turned green, it was warm, and the ravine had burst with life. I got down to the bridge, and saw him waiting for me. I stopped for a few seconds and watched him waiting for me. :)
Then I snuck up on him. I can't really remember everything that happened from here on. But what I do remember is him waiting for the last biker to peddle by, and then he got down on his knee, and pulled out the ring. I started crying. All the way there I told myself I wasn't going to cry. Because I always cry, and thats kinda lame. But I couldn't help it. It was just so perfect and I was so happy. I said yes of course.
And there you have it. I am engaged. The Date is set for August 19th 2011. We are going to be sealed in the Cardston Alberta Temple for Time and Eternity. [that means for ever]. I love this Guy. Jordan is really the best of the best. And I feel a little bit guilty for taking him off the 'market', but then again, I don't feel bad at all.


 (Many of you may be wondering why the ring is on my right hand. It actually on my LEFT but photobooth just flips the photos.)

Life is Good.
-Diana

6 comments:

katie said...

YAY!!! love it :) cant wait for aug 20 :D

Barbara M said...

wahoo. I will be there!

JKKenly said...

Love it! That is wicked cute!! Good luck with everything! You sound like a lucky girl, and I know he is one lucky man!!
-Kayla

Anonymous said...

Congratuations Cutie :) This is Love and u both are blessed with each other .. Good Luck <3 My best wishes are always with you !!! Alisha

Sheila said...

Now I'm a double blessed mom... get to be a mom and a mom-in-law to two of the best people in the whole world

Mimi said...

Congrats Diana, that is such an adorable story! You will soon see the many blessing that come from a temple marriage. Someone once told me this: If you think you love him now, just wait!
Congrats again!