Wednesday, September 15, 2010

E town



So its been a while since a wrote, and a lot has happened. I wont be able to write much because its already late and I still have homework calling my name, but I thought that it was time to write something.
These are the big changes in my life ( I will write them in note style):

1) I moved to Edmonton
a) I love my roomates (This is only 2 of them, the other one was at work)
b) my house is awesome
c) Young Adults is fun
d) I am meeting lots of new people
e) Lots of things to do

2) I started University
a) I learned that Nursing is super intense
b) I phoned home at the end of the first week. I told my dad not to be surprised if I was engaged and dropped out of school by the next week. That didn't happen, so Im still pressing on ;)
c) I am doing homework or thinking about homework every spare minute (Including now)
d) I have to take the bus everywhere, which can be intimidating if you don't know the city or have no idea where you are going. (Like Me)

3) I take the bus everywhere
a) I have met lots of random strangers. Old ones, young ones. Sometimes we have great conversations.
-Today I was talking to a girl in High school and we started talking about the church. I was telling her all sorts of stuff, and then gave her a card that the missionaries gave me. :) Best feeling ever.
-I also like to talk to old people. They have such an interesting view on life. And usually they are not crazy. Like some other people. But thats another story.
b) It is easy to get lost, and I have had lots of discussions with Bus drivers trying to find my way around.

4) I turned 19!
a) My family came in on the saturday before and brought me cake and wonderful gifts. That was an awesome day
b) My birthday was a super crazy overwhelming day. I barely had a chance to breath. But I didn't mind. Im used to that by now
c) the Day after was such a great lucky day, that I almost wished i was born on the 14th. But then I changed my mind when I realized my birthday wouldn't ever fall on Friday the 13th if was on the 14th. Crazy? I know.

So Life changes have been good, and bad. But so far I am doing well and haven't completely given up on anything. But wish me luck! I do miss home, and can't wait to go home for conference, but thats just a few weeks that Ill have to suck it up and stay in the noisy, busy, dirty city.
Oh well.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Glad you held out and didnt' get engaged this week. You sound happy and busy and I'm very relieved that you are setting in. Way to go spreading the gospel!! Keep it up. Love ya

Humphreys Family said...

yay for a new posting :)
Sounds like you're having a great experience! Enjoy!!! Is there some boy out there we should know about, or was that just a strategy to get out of doing homework. (Bruce and I met first semester of my first year - and I was only 17 at the time)

Barbara M said...

Big changes! Keep working hard and stay away from those boys! Have a wonderful time at school and make lots of friends. You are going to make a great nurse.

. said...

Haha, No boys. That was just a strategy to have an excuse to give up.

Ginamarie said...

I am so excited for you - I know its a bit scary sometimes lonely (family) but it is also an incredibly exciting time too - enjoy every minute because one day soon you will be married with children - and that's not bad at all but now you have so much freedom!! I miss my university days - I wouldn't give up what I have for a second but I really loved those days