Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father


Happy Fathers Day. I have had cause to reflect today on what a great Dad I have. Consequently, because of my amazing father, I have enjoyed a blessed life.

My father is a humble man, and will probably be embarrassed if he reads this, but he has been at work all day, and if I cant tell him in person I have to write it down for him to read later. My Dad has taught me many lessons; sometimes on purpose, sometimes not. He always has a story or parable to go along with life lessons: "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime", or one of his most common phrases "Its good pain".
My Dad works hard and has always tried his best to take care of his family. My whole life I have always known he loves me. Not something everyone is this world is blest with. From his example I have grown in the gospel. I can see through his service and works that he Loves the Lord. I take pride that my Dad is honest.
My Dad is smart, and Talented. It always amazed me how he can see a room, take some measurements, make a draft, and totally transform it through cabinetry.
I have memories of him playing in the water with my brother and I at the lake, wrestling with us in the living room, fishing, riding the canopy bikes at Waterton, and just always being there to snuggle up to (which I still do once and a while)
He Loves my Mother, and has always treated her with respect.
I hope I can be lucky enough to find someone even slightly like my Dad to spend my life with. My mom was one lucky girl to find such a great man.
My Dad is the best, and I love him to pieces.

Happy Fathers day Dad! (enjoy your new drills!)
Love,
Diana

1 comment:

Sheila said...

wow!! so amazing. I know he will love this post. You are also a fantastic young woman and I'm so grateful your dad has set such a great example for you. And YES!!!! I am a lucky woman to have been blessed with such a sweetheart to spend my eternities with. I hope the same for you and all my other kids. He has blessed my life by being in it!