Sunday, July 27, 2014

18 months- E


Dear little E.


Time has flown by yet again, and here you are a toddler. A year and a half. What a spunky, energetic little girl you are- and I love you to bits. You are learning new things everyday and are quite the talker. You try to repeat our words, and seem to learn a new one each day. You can now hop with both feet at the same time, and can "run, run!" really fast. Ok maybe its not very fast, but your faster than me right now, and its so cute to watch your little bum shake as you try so hard to race daddy across the yard. You love the "wing" (Swing) and sand best when we go to the park. Occasionally you will go down the slide, but only if I hold your hand. 
You are starting to try new foods, and have discovered you actually like chicken! You snack constantly, and still have a little bit of milk in a bottle twice a day. Soothers are gone; you did so well after you threw them away. You still ask for them once and a while, but always remember that we said "bye, bye", and you aren't even sad. 
Babies are your obsession. Your baby gets carted everywhere, and has the dirt smudges to prove it. You love to kiss the baby in mommies tummy, and always want to see and hold other babies. Tonight you even took your little baby on a walk down the sidewalk in her stroller; making sure to take her out every once and a while to give her a kiss and hold her a little bit. It was the cutest thing, and made me wish I had my camera. 
You seem to get a lot of "owies" lately, but most can be cured by a kiss from mom and dad. Every time you see a scratch or scab on your skin, you make sure to get it kissed again. You got stung by a wasp for the very first time, and you were so brave. In fact I don't think you really noticed. You kept on walking, and then said "ow" and showed mommy a few minutes later. 
Sleep is your strong point right now. Lately you sleep for 11-12 hours a night, sometimes waking up with a bad dream. And you love to nap- sometimes for 2-3 hours! Mommy shares your love of naps too. 
Its getting harder and harder for Mommy to keep up with you as the baby in my tummy is getting much bigger, and I am getting worried for when he gets here. I will be one busy Mom! Life can be difficult with a toddler sometimes, but I am so grateful for you. I try to spend quality time with you and soak up your cuteness, because I know this stage wont last forever. 


Love you lots!
-Mom


3 comments:

Sheila said...

I keep wishing we could slow down time and keep her little a bit longer but then I love watching her develop and grow and learn new things. What a joy she is in our lives. Love you miss E - Gramma

Sheila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stannix's said...

That picture of her and her baby doll is THE cutest! She's so beautiful Diana!