Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mothers Day

Mothers day began bright an early with the rising of the sun. Little E was ready to get up for the day, but instead of getting out of bed myself, my husband got up with her and I rolled over and drifted off to sleep again. About an hour later they came back to the room with a plate of crepes and a letter. E wanted so badly to sit on the bed with me so she scooched next to me while Jordan went to grab some milk. Out of excitement E promptly hit the plate, and spread it all over my lap. My first reaction was anger and disappointment; I get breakfast in bed once a year, and my daughter is sure to make it un-enjoyable. But after a few seconds I just started laughing. Motherhood is sweet, but it also comes with messes and children who love to be with you. The crepes were saved, and my pyjamas washed.  


We were down south this weekend for Jordan's Grandmothers funeral. It was a great experience to celebrate her life and be with family. I didn't know her very well, as she was unable to say many words as a result of her stroke many years ago. The stories at her funeral helped me understand more of who she was and the importance of family to her. She sure left a legacy. Now I know she had the 'cleanest house in Raymond', who was so diligent she even vacuumed the cat. Im sure she could have taught me a lot, haha. In the words of Grandma Anderson, "Fiddle, but good." 



 Here is my belly, which is growing quite rapidly.


And also a picture of the two people I love the most. Thanks babe for spoiling me and changing all the diapers. You are awesome. 

-Diana 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing them for us to see. Glad you had a great weekend

Unknown said...

That was mom by the way not Kezia.. :)