Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Last Hurrah

Our last hurrah of summer was spent in the beautiful mountains. We decided to have a belated celebration of our second anniversary, by staying in the Lake Louise Chateau. We felt a little out of place, and didn't know how to react to people taking our luggage and all the rest, but we soon learned to embrace it and stopped saying "No thank- you, Im capable." We ordered room service and felt like millionaires. 


After our stay at the Chateau  we went and stayed with Jordan's sister who lives a hop skip and a jump from lake louise village. It was so fun to spend the weekend with them. They showed us a bunch of neat sites around where they live. We went canoeing, biking, and hiking. I enjoyed sitting in their hot tub underneath the stars with nothing but forest surrounding us. Here are a bunch of photos of our weekend:
Baby Girl loves her aunty
And her, uh... Good looking.. uncle 
We climbed the rock pile with the kids

Her hiking face

The Rock pile had all sorts of caves to explore


The men going on their bike ride through the trails

Getting ready for another hike



Our last stop was Banff as we headed home. We spent a couple hours touring the shops and walking down by the river. We were sad to have to go home back to the hustle and bustle of the city. 



I love the mountains. We hope to go back soon. 
-Diana

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I love all your pictures. I can almost smell the forest. Glad you had so much fun. I'm guessing brandy will have you back anytime. Looks like they enjoyed you guys too

Lindsay.Megan.B said...

So fun! Next time you plan to go to Lake Louise, let me know and I'll see if I can hook you up. My dad works at the Chateau, and may have even been the one taking your bag, and you wouldn't have even known. haha