So Im a first time Mom.
I've learned a lot of things in a hurry it seems, and have yet to manage mastering anything. I get to enjoy being the mother to one. And just one, for now. That means that my full attention can go to Baby Girl most of the time; I love that. Sometimes, I wish I could have a video camera filming her all day, just to remember every smirk and coo. But thats unrealistic, and would be quite monotonus (for filmer and viewer). Here are a few things that I have discovered about being a Mom...
First off is that I never look good anymore.
Sometimes the fact that I get a shower in the morning is a miracle. Every once and a while I have time to make an effort to blow dry my hair, and later in the day maybe straighten it. Its not necessarily that I don't have the time. All of you mothers of many out there are probably laughing "Hah! This girl can't mange anything!". It also has to do with the fact that I don't care as much. My Baby is far too cute, (or maybe too fussy) to leave her while I go style my hair and put make up on. And for what? My poor husband. He usually gets to come home to a wife with frizzy wavy air dried hair stuck up in a pony tail, frumpy comfy clothes with some sort of baby goop on my shoulder or pants, a bare face, and a smile. (You're never fully dressed without a smile.. haha). But he always says "You look so good today!" [Ps. Thats how you know you have a great man].
SECOND, going anywhere is a bigger deal. And Im always late.
Here is an example; coming home from grocery shopping. Baby and carseat, check. Huge heavy diaper bag that I probably don't need to carry around, check. 10 bags of groceries, ok I got this. 3 flights of apartment stairs, crap. On the plus side, maybe it will aid in loosing the baby weight.
Third, all conversations now include something about Baby.
If you ask me about my day, the description will have all sorts of details about nap and breast feeding schedules, how fussy or unfussy baby was, cute things baby did, and poop. And probably not much else. Oh maybe something about an adventure as described above. Glamorous. :)
I love being a Mom, and there isn't anything else I would rather do. My aunt gave me a pillow that says MOTHERHOOD; the toughest job you will ever love. That about sums it up.
-Diana
2 comments:
On your worst day you are still more beautiful than you could imagine. And I'm not the only one that thinks that... Right Jordan?? But yup that is motherhood for ya. Our focus shifts off of ourselves to them. We don't have to look good or smell good to find joy....we just have to serve and love.
Ha don't feel bad about the no make-up undone hair thing. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Isaac always looks better than me.
Post a Comment