Monday, March 5, 2012

Apple Chops

Every time I make this for Dinner, Jordan says "Aren't you going to take a picture to put it on your blog?" 
When he says this, I know that he thinks its delisious. So last time I made it I snapped a picture before he dug into his pork chop. I am usually not a fan of pork chops, because they are so thick and dry, but this recipe has changed my views. 

Apple Chops

Ingredients

  • 2 trimmed boneless pork loin chops 
  • 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup  apple juice
  • 2 tbsp  vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp  granulated sugar
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 red apples, cut_in thin wedges
  • 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley 

Preparation

Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
In skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned and just a hint of pink remains inside. Transfer to plate; keep warm.
Add onions to pan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
Whisk together apple juice, cider vinegar, sugar and salt, add and boil for 3 minutes.
Add apples, cover and cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Return pork and accumulated juices to pan along with parsley.

-Diana

No comments: