Saturday, August 13, 2011

White Dress

As I was going through my closet of things in my parents home, I came across an old treasure. my White Dress

 

 This is a no ordinary white dress; I wore it in the temple when my adopted brother was sealed to my parents. I don't remember much other than the nursery and wearing my dress (as I was only 4). But I have come to recognize how sacred and wonderful that experience was. Because my parents were married in the temple, they are sealed. We have the opportunity to be an eternal family. That is one of the greatest blessings I could ever imagine.
In a few short days, I will be wearing a Different white dress. I will enter the same room as I did when I was 4. In that room I will be sealed to my husband. For time and Eternity. And our future children will be sealed to us. We will have the opportunity to be a family forever. I love that. I love the Gospel. I am so grateful for temples. :)

-Diana

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I had forgotten that it was the same room. And dad and I were married in that same room too. It is such a significant room in a spectacular temple I am so very proud of you for being ready to kneel at that same alter and make your covenants with the lord.( And I love your new white dress too)