This morning as I happily drank my smoothy and watched the children thoroughly enjoying theirs, the thought came to me to share this recipe with you. Unfortunately (for you) I had already drank over half of it, so the photos aren't anything stunning. This is one of our go-to's in the mornings. I also enjoy a fruit/veggie smoothy, but this ends my chocolate cravings, and leaves me feeling full and satisfied. Whenever E gets asked if she wants a smoothy, she will say, "YES! A Chocolate one!"
And it's healthy!
Peanut Butter Smoothy (aka. Chocolate smoothy)
1/4 cup quick oats
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
1 ripe banana (frozen)
1 cup of milk (or almond/cashew milk)
*Optional: 1 Tbsp flax seed
If you don't have a powerful blender, grind the oats before you add the other ingredients. Otherwise throw all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Either have your bananas or milk frozen. If none of your ingredients are frozen on hand, add some ice. Its not quite as good with the ice, but still hits the spot.
This recipe makes about 1.5 servings. I always at least double this for our family. And even then they always ask for more.
And its always nice to have children who are full for over an hour. Am I the only one constantly feeding my kids all day?
-Diana




1 comment:
We love peanut butter smoothies over here!! And I feel like Kael is ALWAYS hungry lol
Post a Comment